Friday, June 27, 2008

Holiday knitting (2) - vakantiebreien (2)


Last update before I leave on holiday. This is how 'kestrals alight' looks now. See how the colors work ? On the left, the background color is green/yellow, and the leave pattern is knit in burgundy. On the right, the pattern is reversed (background is burgundy, leaves in green/yellow). I like the left part, not too sure yet about the right part. Will decide when I make more progress.
Laatste berichtje voor ik op vakantie vertrek : dit is hoe mijn 'torenvalken' eruit ziet. Je krijgt nu al een beter idee van de kleuren. Een klein proeflapje geeft een vertekend beeld, zeker met deze wol met lange kleurherhalingen. Op de linkerkant van het werk is de achtergrondkleur groen/geel, het blaadjespatroon is bordeaux. Rechts is het patroon omgekeerd, dus de achtergrond bordeaux en het blaadjespatroon in groen/geel. Ik weet niet of dit wisselen van achtergrond/voorgrond 'werkt'. Nog even verder breien, en dan beslis ik of ik eventueel opnieuw begin.

Update on the lotus blossom tank - I was way to optimistic. I tried something. It didn't work. It won't be finished before I leave, so it's coming with me to Sweden. (will blog about it when I come back).
Het blauwe zomertopje : ik was een beetje te optimistisch. Ik probeerde wat uit, en dat werkte niet. Conclusie : dit gaat mee als vakantiebreisel naar Zweden. Hopelijk binnen 2 weken een blogberichtje met positief resultaat.


Last but not least : new temptations in my mailbox this week ! Thanks to Louise in France, I have some Morehouse merino laceweight in my stash. And thanks to Jane in Texas, I am now able to fondle and admire this lovely Malabrigo yarn.
Dankzij Louise in Frankrijk en Jane in Texas heb ik nog wat nieuwe wol om uit te proberen. Louise zond me Morehouse merino kantgewichtgaren, en Jane bezorgde me zachte Urugayaanse wol in levendige kleuren. Mooi hé ?

I think I am ready to leave on holiday now. Just some not so important things to take care of, such as go to the final dentist appointment, arranging travel insurance, print out the itinerary, have the car checked up, clean the house, celebrate DD 21st birthday, celebrate DS high school degree...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geniet van alles! Fijne vakantie!

yarnlot said...

Vooral "dolce far niente" toegewenst...

Anonymous said...

Ik vind je torenvalken prachtig worden, zulke mooie warme kleuren. En geniet van je vakantie, heel erg.

yarnlot said...

Als je er zin in hebt, ik heb je getagd, zie m'n blogpost op 14 juli...
Prettige thuiskomst!

Louise said...

Hi Dominique,
I'm glad you like the yarn.I look forward to seeing your progress on the Kestrels sweater. I've been thinking about knitting that sweater for years.
Now bonnes vacances!