Tuesday, January 16, 2007

swatchtitis


.... the irresistible urge to swatch new projects. This 'knit from your stash' really helps me to look for possibilities in my oddball stash. I bought some handspun very fine singles in Stockholm, summer 2005. The name of the store is 'Anntorps Vav', a very nice small shop in the old center (sorry, no picture !). She does custom dyeing too. The yarn has no label, so I really needed to swatch. I was hoping to get a short lace cardigan out of it, but with my size and what I have on hand, that's not going to happen. I will need to frog this, and think of something else. I got the pattern for the 'canopy forest shoulder shawl' as a present, so maybe that's an option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the book "Victorian Lace Today"? It contains smaller projects also... And is English your native language? Because Leuven is in Vlaanderen and I would like to make acquaintance with other Flemish knitting bloggers. We seem to be scarce in comparison with knitters from the Netherlands.
Your blog is very nice and interesting!