Friday, December 01, 2006

more lace knitting pictures



Monika asked what happened to my plan to knit more squares for the log-cabin blanket. I stopped knitting more blanket squares - my daughter liked it the way it was, so she has adopted the blanket. And the crochet blanket is in use by me. A lady friend sewed it on her sewing machine, so that the small squares and backing don't move independantly any longer. The only one needing a blanket now is my son. I might have to start another one, but right now I am knitting smaller things.
And as to the swallow tail shawl : a lady I know 'repaired' it. Unfortunately, the spot that has the mistake falls on my shoulder, a very obvious place to look at. This lady is very good at embroidery, and she embroidered a 'faux nupp', in a stitch called 'french knot' in Dutch. Not sure this stitch is called the same in English. Looks much better now ! I'll try to take a picture soon, but I want to reblock the shawl first. In the meantime, I show 2 pictures of older lace work (also pre-blog, but knitted this year). The red one is 'Ene's shawl' from 'Scarf Style', and the blue one is the 'Mystery Stole 2', an internet knit-along. The red one is knitted in the yarn called for, blackberry ridge lace weight wool/silk blend (a gift from Jane in Texas), dyed with kool-aid. The blue yarn is a very fine weaving yarn I bought in Stockholm last summer (Klippan-Berga 'Mora').

Monika vroeg wat er met mijn katoenen lapjesdeken is gebeurd. Gelukkig hoef ik geen lapjes meer te breien, want mijn dochter Winnie vond deze deken wel goed, dus die is nu in gebruik. En de gehaakte deken werd vakkundig doorgestikt door Katrien, zodat de voering en het deken niet meer zo over elkaar schuiven. Alleen Kwinten zou nu nog wel een deken kunnen gebruiken, maar ik hou de boot nu even af.
En het driehoekige sjaaltje werd gerepareerd. Josée kan goed borduren, en heeft er met de franse knoopsteek een bobbeltje op geborduurd. Jammer genoeg kan ik nu geen foto tonen, maar ik wil het sjaaltje eerst terug opspannen. Ondertussen 2 foto's van vroeger werk : de rode is 'Ene's shawl' uit het boek 'scarf style', en de blauwe is 'Mystery stole 2' een internetproject. De rode wol heb ik zelf geverfd met Amerikaans limonadepoeder (blackberry ridge lace weight wool/silk). De blauwe wol is eigenlijk een garen om te weven, en die heb ik gekocht in Stockholm, zomer 2005

No comments: