Sunday, December 24, 2006

Jazz finished



I have finished knitting Jazz - a Hanne Falkenberg design. This is the first sweater I finish this year (of course I have knitted lots of small projects, and knitted and crocheted a blanket). This Hanne Falkenberg design is knitted from cuff to cuff, in a mosaic slip stitch pattern. At first it takes some concentration, but once the pattern has sunk in, it's fairly easy. It's a lot of knitting, but is was fun. I started this september 05, but I haven't touched it for 6 months or so, because of a frozen shoulder problem. This is 'Jazz 3', you can see it in different colors on Hanne Falkenbergs website. I have knitted 4 Falkenberg designs until now : Da Capo, Delta (this isn't on her website any longer), and La Strada. Every time I wear Da Capo or La Strada, I get compliments ! It takes some time before these garments get finished, mainly because it is small gauge knitting (3mm needles). That also means they are lightweight, so they are very wearable !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastisch werkstuk!
Ik word al moe van het ernaar te kijken, ik ben nl helemaal niet goed in grote werkstukken en zeker niet op die kleine naalden. Maar het is echt fantstisch mooi geworden!
Veel draagplezier!

Frankie said...

Hi Dominique,
Did you give up knitting completely when you had frozen shoulder? I have one now, and suspect knitting may be the cause.

Anonymous said...

Goh, wat een mooi project. Inderdaad zijn de Falkenberg designs niet van de snel-klaar soort. Hulde!