I am knitting with Wollmeise DK in the color Oohm, a handdyed yarn. I had 3 skeins of the yarn, one that is slightly grayer then the other 2. So I switched to that one for the slipstitch waistband. After the slipstitch waist I started to knit 2 rows of the new yarn, and 2 rows of the old yarn, to blend the colors.
This is the jacket as knit by another participant. As I don't have a standard size, and I only had 3 hanks of yarn I decided to tweak the pattern.
I started the slipstitch waist 11cm after the armhole, otherwise the ‘waist’ would have been over my breasts. I did not do the slipstitch on the front, only the Estonian braid. As I am short, I only did half the lenght of the slipstitch waist (20 rows instead of 40). I wanted this to be a shorter, more cropped jacket. So my jacket looks a lot different then in the pattern.
I did not like the asymmetric overlapping front bands, so I knit those less wide then in the pattern. After putting everything on some cotton string, and trying it on, I was convinced that the fit was good. It just needed an I-cord finish. And I needed to decide wether I wanted buttons or not.
Well, I thought my sweater came out pretty good. It just rides up a bit on the front (probably due to too tight i-cord). I thought that I could live with it, but now that my husband took pictures I am convinced that I need to rework that part. I am just not in the mood to start right now…This will be my Christmas holiday knitting....
het betere breiwerk. We krijgen zelfs huiswerk!
But for now, I am busy knitting my home assignement for the advanced knitting course I am taking!