Sunday, November 19, 2006

SP9 gifts


Yesterday, when I was away, my package from my SP9 arrived. She lives in Canada, and sent me the most wonderfull, color coordinated package. In it a kit from fleece artist (http://www.fleeceartist.com/colourideas.html), to knit a pair super soft mitts or socks. The fleece artist yarn feels so soft and nice ! I think there is some mohair in it, and blue face leicester yarn. I don't think I want to make socks out of it - way to nice yarn, I would be afraid to ruin it, walking on it. Of course, a pair of warm mittens is always welcome. I might knit those.
And there is sock yarn from Coliz fiber arts (http://www.nightshaderose.com/e-liz/yarns.php). I love the sock yarn - those colors are soo me. I like variegated yarns that are close in color harmony, and I love brown, so this reddish/brown/marroon is perfect. I'll have to check out that website, and find the perfect pattern for these. I also wonder if socks is the best choice. You wouldn't see the beautifull yarn ! Maybe a lace scarf ?And there was canadian candy (maple leaf shaped) and lip balm too !
I still have a lot to blog about, because yesterday I went to 'stitch and bitch' in Rotterdam, where I attended a workshop with Debbie Stoller. And I want to finish the homework Alice Starmore gave us, and what I learned from that !

Mijn pakje van mijn geheim vriendje 9 is gearriveerd, helemaal uit Canada. Ze heeft me een pakje met een kleurenthema gezonden. De kleuren zijn zo mooi, dat ze echt niet goed op de foto doorkomen. 't Zijn allemaal tinten bordeaux/rose/fuchsia/bruin. 1 bolletje (100g, te breien op 5mm) is goed voor super zachte sokken of wanten, van 'fleece artist' in Canada. Veel te mooie wol om sokken van te breien, daar zou ik de wol mee ruineren. Dikke wanten lijken me wel leuk. En er is ook heel fijne sokkenwol, helemaal mijn kleuren (er zit nog wat meer bruin in). Alhoewel het sokkenwol is, voel ik toch meer iets voor een mooie kanten sjaaltje. En er waren ook nog snoepjes en lippenzalf.
Ik heb nog heel wat om over te bloggen. Gisteren ben ik naar Rotterdam gegaan, waar de 'stitch en bitch'dag doorging. Ik heb er een workshop met Debbie Stoller gevolgd. En ik wil het huiswerk nog afwerken dat Alice Starmore ons gegeven heeft,en vertellen wat ik daar uit geleerd heb !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased the colours suited!!!!These are also my colours!!! Love to see what you do with this!-SP9