Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Kaffe Fassett - tropical stripes


This is 'Tropical stripes', it was in KF's 'california patches' book. Again, a cuff to cuff sweater; and again my color interpretation of the original. I bought lots of yarn for it when I attended a Jean Moss workshop in Holmfirth at the Rowan mill, in 2003. This one was also too long, I chopped of the bottom, knitted a new bottom ribbing and sewed it on. I know this works with wool, and would like to try it out on the cotton sweater, but an a bit hesitant. I have started knitting new hems. If it works, I promise pictures !

Deze trui is 'tropical stripes' (toch goed dat ze die truien altijd namen geven !). Dit was de trui op de omslag van het boek/brochure 'California patches'. Dit is weer zo'n trui die gebreid is beginnend aan de pols, en ik heb een eigen kleurenschema gebruikt (gewoon omdat veel van de oorspronkelijke kleuren niet meer verkrijgbaar zijn). Ik heb een heel deel wol gekocht in Holmfirth, toen ik een Jean Moss workshop bijwoonde in 2003. Deze trui is ook te lang uitgevallen, maar ondertussen al 'bijgewerkt'. Wat ik gedaan heb is een nieuwe boord gebreid, en die eraan genaaid, en een stuk van de oorspronkelijke trui eraf geknipt. Ik weet dus dat dit werkt, maar wel met wol, hoe zal dit gaan met katoen ? Voor de trui die ik gisteren toonde ben ik begonnen met nieuwe boorden te breien - als het werkt laat ik foto's zien !

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Hi Dominique,
very creative and colourful projects you did, congratulation:-)
I mostly knit with only one kind of yarn in just one colour because I realla HATE to weave in the threads... So I should knit more shawls with just two threads, one of the beginnig and the other one at the end ;-)
By the way, did you receive my package I sent to you last tuesday?
Have a nice day.
Hugs Claudia