Saturday, September 15, 2007

What's next ?



Thanks to everybody who left comments on my previous posts. I would like to e-mail them all personally, but blogger doesn't show the e-mail adresses from people who comment. Often I can find an e-mail adress on their blog, but not everybody who comments has a blog, or chose to make the e-mail adress public. So, thanks again to everybody, it's really nice to get a positive note about the things I am working on !

Bedankt aan iedereen die commentaar achterliet op mijn blog. Ik zou iedereen persoonlijk willen mailen, maar Blogger laat geen e-mail adres achter van degenen die een commentaar plaatsen. Dus, als je niets van mij hoorde, nog eens bedankt. 't Is altijd fijn om waardering te krijgen voor projecten waar je aan werkt.

What's next ? I really, really should use up some more stash. And I have 3 collegues who will be mom or dad in the next months, so I decided to start some baby stuff. I have this nice book with baby patterns that I bought in La Droguerie (a chain of shops in France, that carry yarn, buttons, ribbon, beads...). I think I bought this book in 2004 in Lille. Lots of cute stuff, rather easy to do.

Volgende projecten op het lijstje kan je misschien afleiden aan de foto bovenaan deze bijdrage. Ik wil heel graag wat van mijn verzameling wol opbreien, en ik heb 3 collega's die mama of papa worden. Ik begon een baby brassière uit het boek 'les bébés de la droguerie'. Dit is een keten van hobbywinkels in Frankrijk, waar ze wol verkopen, maar ook lint, kraaltjes, knopen .... Ik denk dat ik dit boekje kocht in 2004 in Rijsel. Veel mooie patroontjes, in hun eigen garens. Ik denk wel niet dat ik snel een babytruitje in cashmere of alpaca zou breien. Ik wil het jonge ouders niet aandoen dat ze ook nog eens met de hand moeten wassen...

I started this top down 'brassière' in the leftovers from my Mystery Stole 3. Interesting pattern, you start at the neck, and you increase with yarnovers to get a lacey raglan seam.The nice thing about the topdown approach is that you can stop when you run out of yarn. It looks like this cardigan will be rather short, like a bolero-type of pattern.

Ik startte dit truitje dat van de halsopening naar beneden wordt gebreid met de overschot Rheuma wolle (van mijn Mystery stola). Interessant patroontje. Je meerdert voor de raglanmouw dmv van een overslag, en dan krijg je dit ajourlijntje voor de mouw. Het interessante van bovenaan beginnen is dat je kan breien tot je wol op is. Het lijkt erop dat dit een kort, bolero-type truitje wordt.


That's why I started with another item, a knitted dress. I use Fortissima cotton sock yarn for this.
Omdat het truitje nogal kort uitvalt, ben ik aan een jurkje begonnen (uit hetzelfde boek). Hiervoor gebruik ik Fortissima katoenen sokkenwol.

In the meantime, the first collegue has become a dad, father of a son. I guess that this garment will be for somebody else. And I also gather from remarks from the 2d collegue, that she will be having a boy as well next month. Time to start some boy stuff !
Ondertussen is de eerste collega papa geworden, en het is een jongen. Dus dit kleedje zal voor iemand anders zijn. Uit opmerkingen begrijp ik dat de 2de collega ook een jongentje krijgt volgende maand. Tijd om een paar jongensspulletjes te breien !

For the record : I have also been knitting on my sons socks (see previous post), and have started a big fuchsia border around the Lizard ridge afghan. And also on the list : I need to pick up Hanne Falkenberg's 'Ballerina' - started that one somewhere in the spring, and I am halfway through. Whenever a project gets no attention for that long, I need to push myself to pick it up again. I won't start another big project, before I finish this one. Although I have a big 'wishlist'. Just let's finish something first, before I embark in big new projects.
Voor de volledigheid : ik heb ook nog aan de sokken voortgebreid (zie vorige post), en ben bezig een grote fuchsia boord te breien rond de Lizard ridge deken. Ook op mijn lijstje van af te werken : Hanne Falkenbergs Ballerina, die ik ergens in de lente begonnen ben. Als ik een bepaald project heel lang opzij leg, dan heb ik een duwtje nodig om terug te beginnen. Dus : geen andere grote projecten vooraleer Ballerina af is. Ik heb anders wel een heel lijst van dingen die ik graag wil beginnen, bvb. mijn meest recente Falkenberg aankoop. Maar eerst moet Ballerina dus af.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dominique - can you believe it? I finished my HF Ballerina last week. Though I knit to gauge, I would have run out of the black (color A) yarn if I hadn't made my stripe patterns two ridges narrower all the way around. I'm sure my kit was short 1 ball.
Now back to working on book and Stitches East workshops.
AND - Check iTunes for "Estonian Bagpipe Music"...! It's really there.

dominiqueknitting said...

Hi Merike,

Sorry to hear you came short on yarn... I have made up the colors myself for this kit (swapping from other kits, and shetland yarn from my stash). So I really hope I will have enough ! Good luck with the book and the workshops - I must ask my DD how to use Itunes !

Unknown said...

I so wish I had that dedication. But I willingly cast off the old to cast on the new!