Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mystery stole 3 countdown






The mystery stole knit-along starts Friday june 29th (my daughters birthday!), and I have been knitting smaller objects to keep my hands busy. Well, not too much really, my shoulder has been acting up. It seems that all my joints and tendons take a turn in feeling achy. My guess : old age and the weather. I had a pair of socks that came out short, cut the toe, frogged what I had, used the left-overs to knit the foot longer, and used another solid yarn to knit a new toe. The yarn used in the original sock was a tad heavier then sock yarn, so I used sock yarn doubled for the toe.

De verrassingsstola meebrei-groep start vrijdag 29 juni. Ondertussen heb ik me wat bezig gehouden met oude sokken een nieuw leven te geven. Veel breien kon ik niet, want mijn schouder gaf problemen. Het lijkt wel of alle gewrichten en pezen om beurt eens overbelast geraken (nu is mijn knie aan de beurt, maar dat geeft geen probleem met breien gelukkig).




In the meanwhile I received some sock yarn from my SP10. A very nice green/blue/brown color, from a distance a nice teal. I don't know who she is yet, but she told me she is also on the MS3 list, and she will be sending something that I can use for that project ! Maybe I should wait till that package arrives, before deciding on which yarn to use ?

Ook nog een pakje in de post van geheim vriendje10. Geen idee wie ze is (behalve dat ze in Duitsland woont), maar ze gaat me ook nog wat voor de verrassingsstola sturen. Ik ben erg nieuwsgierig om dat pakje te zien !




And another swap : the no-sheep-one-skein-swap. I received this furry acrylic from Laura in France. I am not into this kind of yarn, but I do like the colors !

Ik doe ook nog mee aan de absoluut-geen-wol-bolletjesruil. Ik kreeg dit bolletje acrylic in de brievenbus. Niet echt mijn ding qua garen, maar wel leuke kleuren. Zal waarschijnlijk als cadeau-inpaklint gebruikt worden

No comments: