Saturday, March 31, 2007

no knitting - knitters treat exchange.



Chris was so nice to send me a skein of Kureyon for my Lizard ridge afghan. This is color 164. I tried knitting a few rows, but had to stop. It looks like there will be no knitting in the near future (or very limited knitting). The side of my hand (at the base of the tumb) hurts like hell every time I try to knit. Writing by hand is painfull too, but fortunately I can still type. I have decided to try rest and ice. Maybe it goes away quickly.


I have gone shopping for my SP10 spoilee. She lives in the Netherlands, so I can write to her in Dutch. She wanted to try some natural summer yarns. And opportunity for me to buy cotton, bamboo and bamboo/cotton blends in lime green and turqoise. (sorry, no picture) I hope she likes everything. Altough we live in different countries, I suspect the brands of yarn she can get are mostly the same. So I hope she hasn't tried these out.

I also joined another exchange, namely Knitters treat exchange. Not only is this a nice way to get surprises in the mail, but also an opportunity to get to know other knitters.
Here are my answers to the knitters treat questionnaire :


1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I like all natural yarns, but I really like anything with a bit of silk in it. I once made a cashmere/silk scarf for my son, but sadly managed to felt it the week after I knitted it.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
100% manmade fibers, and I am allergic to angora. I do believe there is a use for every yarn.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Look around, and look out for the sock yarns ! Sometimes I have an idea for a project (say a Clapotis) and ask about fiber suggestions for that particular project. But if they have a nice display of projects, I might get inspired by those too.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
Spinning looks interesting, but I don't think I would like to build another stash. I like designing a quilt, but don't like all the cutting and sewing ! I also do a bit of crochet, but it has more limited uses then knitting.

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Interweave knits. I can buy Vogue knitting locally, and buy an issue if I like it. Other magazines are harder to get. There is no real knitting magazine in Dutch, I do like the general craft magazine 'Handwerken zonder grenzen'.

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
I like this order of preference ! I am not into gardening at all, and celebrity/gossip is not my kind of thing either.

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
the occassional sweater, afghans, socks and smaller objects. I have tried lace knitting, but am still new to that (and lace weight yarn is hard to get here).

8. Are you allergic to anything?
Angora yarn

9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
Don't know if I understand this correctly, but I like anything citrus-y

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Knit and have a good glass of wine (but not at the same time!)

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
I would chose the bakery

12. What do you come out with?
Fresh baked bread and croissants ? And if they sell dark chocolate, I would thake that too (any bakery here in Belgium sells chocolate)

13. Where do you go next?
to the library to get a good book, and then to the park to eat the chocolate and start the book

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I trust she (or he) is probably wise enough

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh bah, dat is een tegenvaller! Ik wens je een snel herstel toe.
Lie(f)s